Yesterday we had the Orlando Wargamers group gather for a bunch of historical consim-ing. Loads of fun.
Everything wrong with Game of Thrones Monopoly:
- There’s free parking — probably because there are no cars.
- In lieu of murder and / or mutilation, a grump, blue uniform-clad cop will put you in jail.
- No nudity, a Game of Thrones staple.
- The dragon egg token lands on House Targaryen but never turns into a dragon.
- … on a related note, the White Walker token roams free without anyone batting an eye and without first buying the Wall.
- … also, a direwolf can own property. Maybe that’s not a problem so much as a potential spoiler.
- Winterfell is the third most expensive property in the game (300) behind only Braavos (350) and King’s Landing (400). Have you seen Winterfell lately?
- Every player has a stipend. Survive long enough, and you’ll definitely get paid fairly.
- Game of Thrones Monopoly has a single, unified currency from the Iron Bank of Braavos.
- There is no mechanism for winning through violence.
Thus, we already know the winner of Game of Thrones Monopoly: capitalism. C.R.E.A.S.K. — Cash Rules Everything Around (the) Seven Kingdoms. There’s no point to play anymore. Let us know if Game of Thrones Risk ever becomes a thing.